Mother’s Day Simplified
Every year it’s a struggle to figure out what to do for Mom to show appreciation on Mother’s Day. The answer can be found not far from home, in Old Town Clovis! Imagine your Mom’s surprise when you take her for a bite to eat, some shopping, and some good old-fashioned pampering and quality time. Old Town Clovis is the perfect place for both you and your Mom to enjoy.
Start with a great meal in one of Old Town’s cafes or restaurants. Buy mom a coffee, a glass of wine, or even a beer. Take her to get her hair done or her nails painted. Buy her something that catches her eye in one of our many adorable boutiques. Offer her an ice cream sundae! Get her flowers that are almost as beautiful as she is. Bottom line, make your mother feel special this Sunday because you love her and she deserves it. Here are some of our favorite ideas:
- Feeling spicy? Stroll on down to Bobby Salazar’s for some local Mexican fare, they’ll be serving margaritas at their happy hour price from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. in honor of mom’s everywhere.
- Old Hotel Bistro & Hearts Delight might just be one of the most quaint gift shop/divine food combinations you’ve ever encountered. On the way in you can treat your Mom to a gift of her choosing before sitting down for some fine dining. The Old Hotel Bistro will be serving a special Mother’s Day menu from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., featuring Monte Cristo crepes, deconstructed brownie sundaes and of course, mimosas.
- Maybe your mom is wanting to celebrate by letting loose with some local ale? Well in that case, 559 Local is featuring two bottles of their Wawona Strawberry Ale wrapped in a 559 Local bag, tied up with a ribbon for only $10.
- Looking for something modern and high-end? Get you and your Mom dressed up and take her to REV’s. Their Mother’s Day hours are from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and their specialty-crafted menu and abundant mimosas will keep your Mom feeling luxurious.
- If you’re looking for a shop that is cute, friendly and full of variety, Frost Oak Creek Creations is definitely the place for you. This Mother’s Day they’re offering free gift wrapping along with a new line of scented potpourri decor.
- Were you hoping to find something more shiny, sparkly, and upscale for your Mother? Fear not, for Jackson Jewelers has you covered. From gold heart necklaces to bright gemstone rings, this jewelry store has everything you need to remind Mom that your love is everlasting.
- DIY anyone? Head over to 3 Oaks Studio where they are featuring their mini project paint kit for only $75 this Mother’s Day, and don’t forget that they offer a free candle or goat milk soap with a purchase of $50.
- Perhaps you’re looking for something more on the fashionable side for your Mom? The Foundry Collective has your back. The Foundry has a wide selection of clothing, accessories, décor, and much more for your Mother to choose from. Chic refurbished pieces, scented candles, cute local-made signs, personalized coasters, specialty clothing, and many, many more posh goodies.
- Some of you may prefer the classics, for good reason! If so, make your way down to A Secret Garden. Just as picturesque and unique as the name implies, A Secret Garden is the perfect place to choose a bouquet or some other local goods for your Mom this Mother’s Day.
All in all, your Mother is a very special being and Old Town Clovis is a very special place – why not enjoy both this coming Mother’s Day.
Other OTC Updates
Pole Vaulting in Old Town this Friday
This Friday, July 21st, 2017, marks the 23rd Annual Pole Vault Championships in Old Town ...
Spring Wine Walk in Old Town, May 6th, 2017
The Spring Wine Walk, one of our most beloved events, will be held on Saturday, May 6, 2017 ...
Second Annual Car Show a great success!
The second annual Old Town Clovis Car Show Sunday April 23, 2017 was a colorful event! People came ...